Welcome to Spurs Web

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neil

Who should captain Spurs this season?

Started by Neil,

38 posts in this topic

Dawson.

The captain leads the team on and off the pitch. The responsibilities off the field as a captain suit Dawson down to the ground, Sandro can't speak English that well, acts a clown, always injured and wouldn't be suitable to meeting and greeting people around the training ground and promotional events.

I withdraw my suggestion of Dempsey. ......

Oh, keep your suggestion.... in fact it will probably be the first time a non-spurs player has been nominated (as of now he is not a Spurs player).

Club captain Brad Freidel and team captain Michael Dawson Experience is being able to earn respect and both have oodles of that. Brad is a genuine voice of reason, and still performs at the highest standards likewise Dawson is a Spurs number 5 in the great traditions of Mo Norman Gary Mabbutt and big Mike England All were great players but were not quick but battled for the ball as Daws does This forum should demand that the fans get a voice on it.

Sorry that Turkish feels there is no place for Brad because of his age Age is sense,experience and also I think the purpose of club captain is as ambassador for the club.Steven Gerrard is a fine example and he is in his mid thirties. But the team captain is a different proposition and having been a succesful captain before Daws is the only choice.

I like Dawson as captain,  Jan V even - but hey what about giving the band to new guy Soldado !!! That'd shake the team up and give him the added 'pressure' responsibility , but also show (from the club's view)  how important an addition he is !  His record speaks for itself - but will he score 20+ in our illustrious, prima donna, 'best in the world' premier league ???????????   Give him a go, go on, go on, go on ...........................

Dawson any player that try's to defend a shot on the floor with there head automatically gets it. Surely.

Also Sandros a clown every team needs one but he's no captain.

Sorry that Turkish feels there is no place for Brad because of his age Age is sense,experience and also I think the purpose of club captain is as ambassador for the club.Steven Gerrard is a fine example and he is in his mid thirties. But the team captain is a different proposition and having been a succesful captain before Daws is the only choice.

Brad can still be a leader without being made captain of a club where he has no future at. We also only bought him two years back as well, so he hasn't been at the club long and has never been a fan favourite. IMO your club captain must represent the club and most importantly the fans. Making duff players captains never works.

Gerrard has been captain of Liverpool since he was a young lad, he's been at the club since he was a boy, fans love him, players respect him, he is Mr Liverpool.

Making our 42 year old back up keeper Brad Friedel club captain over the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen, Michael "I bleed Spurs" Dawson, would send out the wrong signal and make us a laughing stock.

I say this as a fan of Brad, he's been one of the best PL keepers ever, but at his age and the way he's been performing I don't want him wearing our shirt again.