Welcome to Spurs Web

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
voice

Can't quote or copy and paste.

Started by voice,

45 posts in this topic

Can't copy or paste or quote. Does anybody else have the same problem?

I know why; as I know other people have had the same problems. It happened when IE 11 was downloaded. But what to do about it. I can't remove it, as it won't let me.

Luckily I have another computer so can copy and paste or quote in an emergency.

I have read that we have to wait until Microsoft sort it out with new updates.

Also it happens only on this type of forum. I am on another forum which is the same as this (not football though).

Try the newest version of Chrome or Mozilla , they works good than IE.

Well the 7-10 day break from the forum has taken the fire from my belly and the pessimism from my soul. Hope future posts help me get my mojo back soon.

Therfore....Poch is a world class manager...We will be 2nd in the Premier this season... Tonto911 often, always talk sense....

cant wait for the regular sensible posters to get up to speed again.....

Tonto911, spursGirl and daft yank like this

On 9 March 2017 at 9:37 AM, Asc3 said:

Well the 7-10 day break from the forum has taken the fire from my belly and the pessimism from my soul. Hope future posts help me get my mojo back soon.

Therfore....Poch is a world class manager...We will be 2nd in the Premier this season... Tonto911 often, always talk sense....

cant wait for the regular sensible posters to get up to speed again.....

I guess, in the whole, not being able to copy and paste/quote isn't much in the scheme of things, when for the last 10 days couldn't get on AT ALL. So therefore I am being thankful for what I have at the moment, rather than everything being Perfect... Lol. #coys 

I just managed to post an image of the proposed new training ground. I had to copy and paste it into a folder on my PC and then "upload image"....

I am lucky enough to view the forum on a daily basis not everyone is. I may be the only one but I am finding it very frustrating that posts only stay for a short period and therefore do not receive time to be commented upon by the majority that do not view the forum as often. 

Subjects appear then disappear in quick time with very few replies which disturbs continuity. I think in 18 months I have only posted one post and would request regular posters to allow a subject to run its course to attract maximum varying opinions.

Jamesinashby likes this

13 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

I am lucky enough to view the forum on a daily basis not everyone is. I may be the only one but I am finding it very frustrating that posts only stay for a short period and therefore do not receive time to be commented upon by the majority that do not view the forum as often. 

Subjects appear then disappear in quick time with very few replies which disturbs continuity. I think in 18 months I have only posted one post and would request regular posters to allow a subject to run its course to attract maximum varying opinions.

I would add that one of the main reasons that posts fizzle out is that only a small minority actually post anything. Additionally, many are like minded among us so the depth of views is narrow. If someone went through all the posts over the last couple of months, it would not surprise me if it was well less than 30 different people. Of those the vast majority of posts are probably from only a dozen or so of us. 

The other point I make, is that the majority of posters stick to the match, transfers in and out and threads specific to THFC and why not. It is the Spurs forum.

We can't make people reply to posts and nor should we. But until the numbers who simply just look in start to join in, I am struggling to come up with a helpful solution.

COYS

Borodin likes this

40 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

I think you'll find they don't actually disappear but are replaced in the headings column by the latest ones. Whenever I sign in I always click the 'Unread Content'  link just below the search button in the top right hand corner of the screen...(It's also in the bottom right hand corner as well)...this immediately shows me all threads and posts I have not read and allows me to decide which ones I want to look at. It's a great little tool. Personally I tend to post the majority of my threads under the 'General Chat' heading as the topics tend to be quite diversified.

Cromulentmart likes this

42 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I think you'll find they don't actually disappear but are replaced in the headings column by the latest ones. Whenever I sign in I always click the 'Unread Content'  link just below the search button in the top right hand corner of the screen...(It's also in the bottom right hand corner as well)...this immediately shows me all threads and posts I have not read and allows me to decide which ones I want to look at. It's a great little tool. Personally I tend to post the majority of my threads under the 'General Chat' heading as the topics tend to be quite diversified.

The reason I don't initiate posts is I am not sure how to....my one post was by luck. I realise that all subjects can be tracked down under the various headings. I personally have posted but when various subjects are in use I lose my post and have to review lots of  old posts to track it down.

the point I as trying to make was whilst we cannot expect individuals to support every subject raised I am not sure that subjects remain long enough for our "30" plus regular posters to see and decide to comment.

maybe recent history of the forum and the international break has highlighted the forum is not back to its old self. Maybe the Burnley game will get the comments back,on track.

Lok at our recent history of subjects raised  they have received fewer views and replies.....

Edited by Asc3
Add word. Initiate

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

I would add that one of the main reasons that posts fizzle out is that only a small minority actually post anything. Additionally, many are like minded among us so the depth of views is narrow. If someone went through all the posts over the last couple of months, it would not surprise me if it was well less than 30 different people. Of those the vast majority of posts are probably from only a dozen or so of us. 

The other point I make, is that the majority of posters stick to the match, transfers in and out and threads specific to THFC and why not. It is the Spurs forum.

We can't make people reply to posts and nor should we. But until the numbers who simply just look in start to join in, I am struggling to come up with a helpful solution.

COYS

James....please check your message inbox...I cannot send you a personal message so I assume your inbox is full. If it is then please highlight past discussions and delete them......Cheers.

1 hour ago, Asc3 said:

The reason I don't initiate posts is I am not sure how to....my one post was by luck. I realise that all subjects can be tracked down under the various headings. I personally have posted but when various subjects are in use I lose my post and have to review lots of  old posts to track it down.

the point I as trying to make was whilst we cannot expect individuals to support every subject raised I am not sure that subjects remain long enough for our "30" plus regular posters to see and decide to comment.

maybe recent history of the forum and the international break has highlighted the forum is not back to its old self. Maybe the Burnley game will get the comments back,on track.

Lok at our recent history of subjects raised  they have received fewer views and replies.....

This is how I do it.

1. I click on 'Start a new topic

2. Click on 'select'

3. Pick one of the headings appropriate to the subject from this drop down menu.

4. Click on continue.

5.  Type in the Title.

6. Type your thread in the box below 'Title'

7. Click on submit

10 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

This is how I do it.

1. I click on 'Start a new topic

2. Click on 'select'

3. Pick one of the headings appropriate to the subject from this drop down menu.

4. Click on continue.

5.  Type in the Title.

6. Type your thread in the box below 'Title'

7. Click on submit

Thanks James. I am not good on computers. If I experience problems doing anything I don't try again. I managed to initiate a new post ode but after that must have had problems so never tried again. Thanks for the advice..

1 hour ago, Asc3 said:

Thanks James. I am not good on computers. If I experience problems doing anything I don't try again. I managed to initiate a new post ode but after that must have had problems so never tried again. Thanks for the advice..

I'm glad to be of assistance and I'm looking forward to reading the threads you start.

I understand your dilemma with technology as I have the same fears. When I took early retirement there were no end of free computer courses for 'silver surfers' so I went on them. But, not having much understanding of the workings of computers, I had to learn by rote. I am fairly capable with spreadsheets, word, publisher and other window programmes until something goes wrong. Then I go to my friendly expert at Measham Computers! I gained more confidence when I got an Apple iPad. Although totally different from Windows I stuck at it and now can generally get by with it. Then, with the help of Borodin guiding me using the PM system on here, I bought and learned to use the Android system that came on the the new Huawei tablet I bought. Borodin has opened up a whole new world to me by introducing me to and showing me how to use an App called Mobdro and another called uktvnow- both free. I'm still somewhat of a numpty with technology (I don't own an iPhone) but I have the courage now to use a computer and tablet.

I still get nervous at moving out of my comfort zone with advancing technology, but as I learn more, I now have a bit more confidence to have a go in areas I know know little about. Luckily, now that Borodin is back, I know he will be kind enough to come to my rescue when I get out of my depth. This forum might be a football forum, but it has the advantage of making good friends who help when needed. This is why this forum is easily the best Spurs forum.

COYS

ps I don't have any children or grandchildren to guide me in using modern technology and haven't a clue what people are talking about when I hear all the terminology used!!! Blue this, Blue that, streaming etc - they might just as well be talking in Chinese!  lol

Asc3 likes this

I recently posted on here that I was finding it very frustrating that having posted a view it was very quickly despatchd to the archives or out of sight posts.  I understand that new subjects have to be raised and new information posted. It would appear that i am the only one who finds it frustrating because it now happens even more often.

If posts are only current for 12-14 hours or overnight only  it gives no chance for irregular posters to contribute their views. As a regular poster with often pessimistic/realistic views I post expecting to see other individuals opinions. At the moment there is no continuity.

i post the above not as a moan but as an explanation of why I am leaving the forum. Many thanks to those that have made the past 18 months very interesting and I wish you all good fortune or more importantly health for the future......

2 hours ago, Asc3 said:

I recently posted on here that I was finding it very frustrating that having posted a view it was very quickly despatchd to the archives or out of sight posts.  I understand that new subjects have to be raised and new information posted. It would appear that i am the only one who finds it frustrating because it now happens even more often.

If posts are only current for 12-14 hours or overnight only  it gives no chance for irregular posters to contribute their views. As a regular poster with often pessimistic/realistic views I post expecting to see other individuals opinions. At the moment there is no continuity.

i post the above not as a moan but as an explanation of why I am leaving the forum. Many thanks to those that have made the past 18 months very interesting and I wish you all good fortune or more importantly health for the future......

My friend the first thing I always do when I sign in is check the "Unread Content" icon in the top right hand corner and it also appears in the bottom right hand corner of the page. That way I get to read everything that has been posted since I last signed in...so that nothing has a chance of 'slipping through the net'....do you do the same ??

It would be such a shame if you left us for such a reason as I (and I'm sure many more members) love reading your witty and astute postings....please re-consider and if you haven't been using the 'unread content' option then please do.

1 hour ago, Asc3 said:

Asc, you and I became good buddies on here and enjoyed many posts full of fun and good banter. I for one will be extremely sorry to see you go. We lost Roycey, another popular guy and the forum needed people like him with his strong positivity and we need you for your pragmatism and realistic approach.

I too have been finding it disappointing that, for a few weeks now, it has seemed to be disjointed and that threads have not lasted with much airing of views. As you know, over the last few months I have expressed frustration with how the forum has been running and on three occasions said I was leaving only to return. 

Having made the decision to leave, I very soon learned, in my case, it was not the forum I was missing but all those guys I had become to look upon as friends. So strong was the feeling of loss, I realised that somehow I had made, albeit at arms length, many good friends on here and I missed them. For me that has been the deciding factor to put up with the annoying bits of the system when I couldn't get it to work without it sticking or not allowing me to click on unread content, taking for ages for pages to turn etc, as I was eager to follow some of the threads of my friends.

Borodin has been fantastic in putting up with all my requests for help and has trained me to improve my knowledge on using the forum. I'm sure if you contacted him he would put himself out to help you.

Just a thought.

COYS

10 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

. I'm sure if you contacted him he would put himself out to help you.

Glad to help...send me a personal message ASC and let's see if we can sort this out without you having to take such drastic action....a forum is only as good as it's members and you are a highly valued member.