Welcome to Spurs Web

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Borodin

Kyle To Leave ??

Started by Borodin,

Independent Report :

Kyle Walker wants to leave Tottenham after row with Mauricio Pochettino with Barcelona, United and City interested

Kyle Walker, left on the bench again yesterday, has decided that his future lies away from Tottenham Hotspur.Barcelona have joined Manchester City and Manchester United in pursuit of the right-back and Walker, having fallen out with Mauricio Pochettino once again over fitness and selection, wants to leave.Pochettino and Daniel Levy are in no rush to sell any of their players but if any of the Spurs first team are to be sold this summer then Walker is the likeliest. He would cost at the very least £35million, if not closer to £50m, money which would be invested back into the team and ensure Spurs do not need to sell their crown jewels Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Danny Rose. The issue between Walker and Pochettino is long-running and boils down to Pochettino’s doubts about Walker’s fitness and his performances in training. He thinks that Walker struggles to play two big games in a week, a view that Walker seriously disputes. Walker did not play any of Spurs’ three Champions League away games, including the crucial 2-1 defeat at Monaco last November which knocked Spurs out of the competition. Walker and Kieran Trippier had been alternating at right-back in April but the crunch came nine days ago at Wembley. Pochettino picked Trippier over Walker for the FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea, a decision that surprised Walker. He knew that he would be playing against Crystal Palace on Wednesday night but given the choice he would rather have played at Wembley. On Sunday for the north London derby against Arsenal, Trippier started and Walker stayed on the bench. It was the first time Walker has been on the bench for a league game against Arsenal under Pochettino. These events have indicated to Walker that his time is up at Spurs and he should look for his next club. But there is also the matter of money. Tottenham’s rigid wage structure means that the contract Walker signed at the start of the season is for just under £70,000 per week. Walker is very conscious of the fact that he could earn twice as much money elsewhere, especially at City or United. There is no way that Spurs’ incremental wage increases could compete. Walker has another four seasons left on his contract after this one so he will not be cheap. But as an England international of peak age with seven seasons of consistent Premier League experience he is a very attractive prospect to Manchester City and Manchester United. City are desperate for new quick full-backs as well as English players and are thought to be the favourites.Walker has not handed in a transfer request at Spurs yet but he is attracted by the possibility of a big move and frustrated by recent events. When Pochettino was asked last Tuesday about the summer, he admitted some players would be sold, but only if he chose they could go, as might well be the case with Walker this summer.

Borodin: When you fall out with Poch that is it...no going back. I like Walker but I can understand the thinking behind letting him go. He would demand a good price at the moment and I don't think replacing him would be a huge problem. Going to be an interesting summer.

Jamesinashby likes this

Last season and at the start of this season, Rose and Walker were the main men in MP's system. However, due to Rose's injury, the twin attacking wing back approach has been less apparent. MP has found quite a fluid approach from the 'only plan A' tactics he was accused of overusing at the start of the season. Hence, as well as Walker is capable of playing, he isn't necessarily now a key player. I think MP knows what he is doing and will unload Walker and replace him with a more versatile FB.

just a thought.

Borodin and K.D.D.D.D.Soc like this

I thought the guy with a fitness issue is Lamela. Poch should work the problem out with Walker.

If the issue is money, then I guess we are not able to match what teams like MC can offer.

Thought initially walker was injured some weeks ago ( can't remember when??) but when he came on v Palace he looked dreadful - rusty, reckless tackles, all over the shop. I used to rate him but if these rumours are true for the sake of a United squad I think we would be better replacing him - think about Andros, bentaleb, Chadli, all the players who fell foul of Poch and ended up elsewhere. Yes he has pace but so often runs at people, can't get an accurate pass in then ends up running back again.  I've been impressed with Trippier last few games, his crossing is great and he seems to fit in with how we play ATM. Interestingly the TV coverage yesterday kept showing Walker sat on the bench chewing gum with a very miserable expression on his face!!

im sure if he doesn't want to play for Poch there are plenty of players who would... It's be nice if rather than moan like Sissoko, kyle and sissoko took a leaf out of Janssens book and listened, worked hard and remained humble. No one is bigger then the club. 

I always have reservations about "sources" and will wait to see what happens. While Trippier has impressed this season, his lack of blistering pace is a concern for me in what appears to be our preferred 3-4-2-1 formation.

Assuming that Kyle left the club in the summer, who can replace him?

Walker-Peters had no first team experience. CCV bulit like a tank so he is not mobile enough to play full back unless he lose a lot of weight. Trippier lacks pace and size.

I don't see any suitable RB in PL so we probably have to sign a foreign player. I read that right backs at Feyenoord and Ajax are pretty good.

Walker had a great season. But before this season he was shit in many moments. 

I do believe he is not smart, just a quick running player. 

40m would be great, he is already 27. 

Garyjones1271 likes this

1 hour ago, Cromulentmart said:

If he wants to go - let him go. One thing we have learned the hard way over the years is that if a player no longer has his heart set to play for Spurs, it affects his performances and Poch is the first one to notice.

In this day and age of mercenaries, those who are chasing the biggest pay packets all too often are the ones who eventually let you down. If there is any truth in the rumours that Walker has had a moan at being left out in favour of Trippier, it indicates he is not a true team player. I would prefer someone who fights for his place like Son and Janssen rather than one who tosses his toys out of the pram. The money we get for him will be useful and he will find out to his cost that unless you are a Messi or a Ronaldo you are definitely replaceable. As you say, it appears MP has found him out.

COYS  

I would rather not jump to conclusions about Walker or any other THFC player, He has been enjoying his best ever season with The Poch, and has reduced the number opf his dodgy moments significantly, and must be crazy to think that he would/could do bettter elsewhere, even if he is paid more.

How long are maureeno/pepgardy going to be in manchester ? The guy should have a good think about his situation. He is at the club, that have developed him into an International player, playing the best football in the PL, with a progressiver coach, and a new stadium on the horizon. If he gets his head down and works to win his place back I'm sure that he will win back the respect of The Poch and fans.

All of this of ciourse is irrelevent if the stories going around are yet more 'fake news'.............

Just saying...

Lots of gossip concerning Walker's twitter page...(I follow no social media so have to accept it's true). Apparently he has changed his profile pictures from two of him in Spurs kit for two of himself in an England shirt. People are assuming this means his affinity to Tottenham is ended and this is his 'subtle' way of showing it. All I know is that he has certainly picked a very strange time to start changing photos and must realise this action will create such a discussion topic....stirring the waters is beneficial to no-one at this late stage of the season.

From another website describing three of our less successful purchases..... "N'anyone. N'anytwo and Sissyjoke" ...made me lol

Barcelona? Hahahahaha.... yes, his ass! 

He is fun but....

let him go, let him go, let him go...

let him go, let him go, let him go_ooo....

always said he is overrated and was in Bale's and Modric's wake. I always suggested Clyne (Crystal Palace) as first team player and Trips as reservist. At least we've got one of them. Better than nothing, ey!!!

I would suggest 21 years old Jordon Ibe for wingback/winger. Bournemouth signed him for the wrong reason. 

I think it's good deal to get him for 10-12m. He was playing wingback position when he broke into Liverpool first team.

He is a lot more physical and more pace than Trippier.

Tottenham Hotspur have initiated discussion with Dani Alves over a summer transfer to the Premier League.The proposed move signals a significant departure from the Premier League club’s long standing policy of recruiting younger footballers on relatively inexpensive salaries, but would serve to rebalance a squad that has come up short in the pursuit of consecutive English titles.In both seasons, Tottenham have impressed with the quality of their football in domestic competition, yet ended them trophy-less after dropping League points unexpectedly or underperforming in cup ties. Their Europa and Champions League campaigns have proved particularly disappointing.Although Tottenham’s squad contains some of the most highly valued players in the Premier League, it is notably short on individuals who have won major honours at club level. Only Toby Alderweireld has been part of a team that claimed one of Europe’s five leading League titles, and the Belgium defender’s contribution to Atletico Madrid’s 2014 Liga success was limited to 10 starts. Mauricio Pochettino has also yet to win a trophy as a manager.Dani, in contrast, has been a central figure in a succession of title winning sides. Starting with the first of Sevilla’s back-to-back UEFA Cup triumphs in 2005, the Brazil international has accumulated six Liga titles, three Champions Leagues, three FIFA Club World Cups and five Copas del Rey. In his first season since leaving Barcelona for Juventus, the right back is on the verge of a Scudetto and is due to play Coppa Italia and Champions League finals.The 34-year-old has a further season on his lucrative Juventus contract with an option for a third campaign, but holds a long standing desire to test himself in English football. Before joining Juve last summer, Dani gave an interview to The Guardian in which he stated that: “It’s special: there’s a corner and it’s like it’s a goal. I’ve always said that playing in England is something I’ve got pending. I don’t know when but I’d like to play there, to experience in person what I see from the sofa. The way the people live football. Wow, it’s incredible. Full stadiums, living every moment.”Tottenham are understood to have proposed an initial two-year deal with an option for a third season. More detailed conversations are scheduled to take place after Juve meet Real Madrid in the Cardiff Champions League Final early next month.

The approach comes amidst uncertainty over the future of Kyle Walker, who has been relegated to Tottenham’s bench for several recent fixtures. The England international is under contract until 2021, but could improve his terms by moving to another Premier League suitor. In principle, Dani’s ability to operate at both full back and right wing would allow him to be combined with Walker, he is more likely to arrive as a replacement.Manchester City are among other clubs exploring the possibility of signing Dani with the idea of utilising him as an experienced hand should they manage to secure the transfer of a younger defender like Bayern Munich’s Joshua Kimmich. There are no questions over the Brazilian’s physical condition, he remains exceptionally quick and would require no adaptation to Pep Guardiola’s way of working.According to sources close to the player, Dani would require assurances on playing time before leaving Juve. One of his key aims for the coming campaign is to represent his country at the 2018 World Cup Finals in Russia.

Borodin : For the right price he could bring much needed experience to the club but at 34 he's very much a short term solution and not a player I would have imagined was on Poch's shopping list.

I'd be surprised if we went for him, but a lot of us have been calling out for some hard-nosed experience of the top competitions. If Walker goes, then we could get Alves plus change and I would have thought he will help Trippier develop too.

Tonto911 likes this

I don't really care about CL games. IMO winning the title is the top priority.

I would consider Adam Smith because how much he love to play for this club.

Gotta love mr levy ,,,,slapped another £20million on walkers price,,he won't be leaving at that price!!!

he learnt lessons from dealing with Man Utd and Madrid,,,so he won't get bullied by a small club like city lol

Tonto911 likes this

4 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Gotta love mr levy ,,,,slapped another £20million on walkers price,,he won't be leaving at that price!!!

he learnt lessons from dealing with Man Utd and Madrid,,,so he won't get bullied by a small club like city lol

not a "snowballs chance in hell" anyone would pay 60 mil. for Walker, but I cant praise levy, because i do think we could use someone equal to walker but with one or two trophies on his bedroom dresser.