Welcome to Spurs Web

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tonto911

Any Golfers out there ?

Started by Tonto911,

42 posts in this topic

As I said in one of my earlier posts, Rory is and has been pants for a while now.
Has had quite a lot going on in his life recently - marriage, problems with his ribs, equipment change from Nike to Taylor Made, and has not played many tournaments this year.
Laughing at his comments regarding other players complaining about the rough....and he ended up in the rough so many times in the 1st round.

Shocked how bad Rahm played yesterday, Rose is not out of it (yet).
On the plus side, Fowler was one of my picks and if he continues to play like he did yesterday, he's going to be there or thereabouts on Sunday.

1 hour ago, GPK said:

As I said in one of my earlier posts, Rory is and has been pants for a while now.
Has had quite a lot going on in his life recently - marriage, problems with his ribs, equipment change from Nike to Taylor Made, and has not played many tournaments this year.
Laughing at his comments regarding other players complaining about the rough....and he ended up in the rough so many times in the 1st round.

Shocked how bad Rahm played yesterday, Rose is not out of it (yet).
On the plus side, Fowler was one of my picks and if he continues to play like he did yesterday, he's going to be there or thereabouts on Sunday.

I agree about Rory's form, but he does often come good, and let's not forget he has won 4 majors already....  he often says the wrong the thing when a microphone is put in front of him..... Usually has to eat humble pie after, and apologise, which he does - so respect to him for that.

Go Casey ! had a tough time with injuries, seems back at his best now. Love it to be him or another European.....

I know Luke Donald is a Yiddo....don't know about Casey........

Some stunning golf on display, with the usual shabby ending by USPGA. At least there was no rules cock ups this time. Well done Tommy.....

Yesterday coincided with my best score for a few months . Shot 43 points, and should be getting a nice juicy cut - very welcome !

GPK likes this

Amazing day at Wentworth last week.... Played the Edinburgh course for the first time. Absolutely stunning, and did ok with 34 points, with a few blobs as well........ Playing The Berkshire tomorrow, which is another beaut !

GPK likes this

Finally got round to getting an official handicap....22 which I think is a bit harsh for my level (should be between 25 and 27).

Played in my clubs stableford yesterday (first time playing in a comp) and didn't do too well.
Too many blobs (although managed a par on one hole) resulting in a staggering score of 15pts.
Needless to say, I cam last with the next worst player scoring 20pts.

Regardless, I still intend on entering as many comps (not medals though) and will continue to [try to] enjoy playing.

14 hours ago, GPK said:

Finally got round to getting an official handicap....22 which I think is a bit harsh for my level (should be between 25 and 27).

Played in my clubs stableford yesterday (first time playing in a comp) and didn't do too well.
Too many blobs (although managed a par on one hole) resulting in a staggering score of 15pts.
Needless to say, I cam last with the next worst player scoring 20pts.

Regardless, I still intend on entering as many comps (not medals though) and will continue to [try to] enjoy playing.

Was it at Aylesbury ?

I have not played there...

Playing East course at Wentworth this afternoon...... off my new handicap. Just got cut to 18.0

Yes, it was at Aylesbury.

I wasn't that fussed about getting a handicap and never intended to enter comps, but was persuaded by the club captain over a beer one night in the clubhouse.
I guess that everyone has to start somewhere and if I continue to card bad scores, the HC secretary may allow me to adjust up by 2-3 strokes (rather than having to wait forever with 0.1 adjustments per comp / supplementary card).

Enjoy Wentworth...I'm not jealous....well maybe just a tad LOL!

On 25/07/2017 at 1:49 PM, GPK said:

Yes, it was at Aylesbury.

I wasn't that fussed about getting a handicap and never intended to enter comps, but was persuaded by the club captain over a beer one night in the clubhouse.
I guess that everyone has to start somewhere and if I continue to card bad scores, the HC secretary may allow me to adjust up by 2-3 strokes (rather than having to wait forever with 0.1 adjustments per comp / supplementary card).

Enjoy Wentworth...I'm not jealous....well maybe just a tad LOL!

Wentworth.... East course, in magnificent condition.

Last Sunday I shot 42 points and was cut to 18.0, on my home course.

Played in a medal on monday and went up to 18.1, but still teed it up with positivity...

Lovely afternoon but.....Ended up with just 3 pars, and poor total of 19 points

My girlie playing partner, who is a member off 14, only shot 29, so it was a tough baptism for me, and I played off the whites.....

On 25/07/2017 at 10:34 PM, Cromulentmart said:

I played (badly) as a junior. The last time I swung a golf bat was the day before I bought a motorbike !

Haha, a bag of golf clubs not much a bird puller......

What bike was it ?

1 minute ago, Tonto911 said:

What bike was it ?

You won't be old enough to remember, but it was a Yamaha YD3S - 250cc twin cylinder. I could ride it at 16 and it was a flying machine in its day.

32 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

You won't be old enough to remember, but it was a Yamaha YD3S - 250cc twin cylinder. I could ride it at 16 and it was a flying machine in its day.

Not old enough ?

I'm 66.......

34 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I was never into bikes, except watching Mike Hailwood race........

Great day at Puttenham Golf Club with legend David Howells. THFC through and through...

David is the youngest ever player to score on his debut for THFC, 277apps, 22 goals,didn't score against woolwich...until he left us for Southampton and scored at highbury in a 1-1 draw that helped save Saints from relegation and ensured that woolwich did NOT win the league that season....

1998–99 FA Premier League
Standings

#
Team
MP
W
D
L
GF
GA
GD
PTS