Welcome to Spurs Web

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rookie1968

New season ticket allocation

Started by Rookie1968,

Not sour grapes this but i reckon the new season ticket allocation system is a tadd floored.

i think new season tickets should be allocated based on length of time on waiting list plus points accumulated by attending games as it appears you can be a bronze member go to few if any games yet get rewarded with an offer of a season ticket for basically being a name on a list for a length of time and not following or supporting the club by going to games.

how is this rewarding the very people who put money into the club on a regular basis. 

Am i right or wrong to think this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Rookie1968 said:

Not sour grapes this but i reckon the new season ticket allocation system is a tadd floored.

i think new season tickets should be allocated based on length of time on waiting list plus points accumulated by attending games as it appears you can be a bronze member go to few if any games yet get rewarded with an offer of a season ticket for basically being a name on a list for a length of time and not following or supporting the club by going to games.

how is this rewarding the very people who put money into the club on a regular basis. 

Am i right or wrong to think this?

Is it affecting your chances of getting Season tickets ? It does sound unfair, I seem to remember many people feeling it was going to be a much better system than before, but obviously not.... good luck with your application...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks

yes it will affect any chance as basically you can have a bronze membership have no loyalty points because no games have been attended yet still get offered a season ticket just don't seem right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i guess that they have a lot more to sell for next season at wemberley and are trying to get them paid for as quick as possible. Hopefully there will still be plenty available, and then it comes down to if you are happy with where the seats are....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not just about the season at wembly it's the principle of being rewarded for continual support and following the club rather than being a name on a list and doing little and being rewarded for thatwhere's the reward for the loyal supporter who pays week in week out.

cheers enjoying the discussion

Tonto911 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rookie1968 said:

It's not just about the season at wembly it's the principle of being rewarded for continual support and following the club rather than being a name on a list and doing little and being rewarded for thatwhere's the reward for the loyal supporter who pays week in week out.

cheers enjoying the discussion

Yes, i do understand. My first season ticket was on the Shelf, and I went to all away games as well, 1979/80/81/82'83 and then got a ticket in West Stand Upper through the 90s

We never really felt that we were particularly appreciated by the club, but that's the same everywhere I guess. Certainly at the big clubs. I just go occasionally now, paid a lot for tickets at the Finale, and it was well worth it.

All clubs take advantage of this love affair that we all have with our team. Warts and all......

stanmac likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I emailed the club with the same comments and although they said they understood they also pointed out that loyalty points had no correlation to the waiting list which struck me as odd as yet again no loyalty to the person paying week in week out yet rewarded for remaining on a list for a long time and showing none or little support oh well we'll just soilder on and pay our dues thanks again for the discussion 

stanmac and Furrydice like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rookie1968 said:

I emailed the club with the same comments and although they said they understood they also pointed out that loyalty points had no correlation to the waiting list which struck me as odd as yet again no loyalty to the person paying week in week out yet rewarded for remaining on a list for a long time and showing none or little support oh well we'll just soilder on and pay our dues thanks again for the discussion 

It sucks...as does my own situation......other season ticket thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/06/2017 at 5:40 AM, Rookie1968 said:

Thanks

yes it will affect any chance as basically you can have a bronze membership have no loyalty points because no games have been attended yet still get offered a season ticket just don't seem right.

And who are you pointing the fickle finger of fate at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The people who want the kudos of havin a season ticket but have done little to get it except being a name on a list for a while and not supporting the club by attending games in the mean time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Rookie1968 said:

The people who want the kudos of havin a season ticket but have done little to get it except being a name on a list for a while and not supporting the club by attending games in the mean time.

Here is another aspect. It seems once those who have a ticket, they then pull the ladder up. It appears that once anyone has a ticket unless someone stops going, there is no chance for those on the waiting list to remove them. I don't know whether this is fair or not. An alternative is that everyone reapplies each year with names drawn out of the hat. But those having paid to support for a season probably will think that unfair. 

I personally cannot think of a fair solution. Can you?

COYS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we joined as Bronze members, we were something like 36000 on the list around 2010.

As I stated before, we paid the membership fee just to get ahead in ticket queue. Is this what Rookie is pissed about?

For the little extra money, My wife and I, thought we would go straight to Bronze and get on the ST list.

We did not know at that stage how long the queue was.

Having started at the back of the queue, we just renewed our Bronze every year.

So from 2010 til now, we progressed from 36000 to 22000. If not for the new stadium, I predicted we would both die before a ST would be available.

I don't know but do people pay Bronze membership for years and years and years just get a ST and not attend matches?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now