Welcome to Spurs Web

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Neophyte

PL: Newcastle United v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Started by Neophyte,

PL: Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur   8 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 posts in this topic

Talk here about the match before, during and after. COYS!!!

Two weeks out from opening weekend and I just couldn't wait any longer to post this. I know Spurs play Man City in the states tonight and Juve next weekend at Wembley but hey...this the match we have been waiting for all summer, right?

First match of the 2017/18 season...away at St James to newly promoted Newcastle. It's never easy to open against a promoted club playing at home and never easy to play at St James. Spurs need a better start to their season though as dropping early points in each of the last two has cost them during the run in.

stanmac likes this

Might be a bit early for this but my starting XI for Opening Day, assuming Wanyama is ready:

Lloris

Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen

Trippier, Wanyama, Dembele, Davies

Eriksen, Kane, Dele

Subs - Vorm, Wimmer, Walker-Peters, Winks, GKN, Son, Janssen

If Wanyama can't go, I can see midfield of Winks/Dembele with all else the same or a switch to 4-2-3-1 with a midfield of Dier/Dembele and GKN starting with Dele and Eriksen.

Having watched the improvement in the Juventus game over the seriously poor performance I saw against City, my faith is fully restored. A reasonably comfortable win for me.

COYS. 

Tonto911 likes this

43 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Having watched the improvement in the Juventus game over the seriously poor performance I saw against City, my faith is fully restored. A reasonably comfortable win for me.

COYS. 

Good to read another of your wise observations James. I agree, but as we stated after the citeh 0-3 friendly... it's just a friendly. But, we are a week further on and a week closer to our opening fixture. I would be very happy to see Sissoko establish himself, and show us why DL bought him... I have always said that he is not a right sided attacking midfielder, more of a central defensive type with good passing ability. I can't believe that The Poch would have put him in for our final friendly if he wasn't considering him for Sunday.

Mr8ball likes this

I've read Rose is training but won't be fit for the opener.

With the news on Trippier not looking great I'm guessing we see Dier at RB in the 4-2-3-1 or, after the Juve match, Sissoko at RW in the 3-4-2-1.

Not sure Son is ready. I trust KWP will do a great job. Hopefully we will get some early goals. I think Sissoko should play a bigger role this season. Against weaker teams we can put Sissoko in as winger/wingback on the right or left flank.

Lloris

Dier Toby Jan

KWP   Wanyama Dembele   Davies

Eriksen         Alli

Kane

Sub: Vorm, Sissoko, Janssen, Wimmer, Winks, Georgiou, Oakley-Boothe

Mr8ball likes this

26 minutes ago, stanmac said:

Get a table and chairs then.

Hey, that's actually very funny..... you got a new scriptwriter for Edinburgh ?  lol

You got that flag up yet ? read that book on Gilly ?

stanmac likes this

5 hours ago, Royce 71 said:

I don't know wether its because its the first game of the season but un-characteristically (I'd like to think!) I  have a feeling it will be a tentative draw!

I have already  voted for a win. However yesterday's results have left me confused. I don't think any of our competitors played to the standard I expected but other premiership teams performed better than I thought. It could be a strange old season.

it appears we are now going all out to acquire a couple of players before the close of the window. Let's hope they are more Dele than N'jie.

Hows a fan to predict a final league position when we don't even know what the squad is.

A slight wobble on my prediction of 5th place!! May be slightly higher. TBC!!

Scary mate you sound confident lol joke 

the results were strange but Chelsea getting pumped was magic 

cahill and fabregass can't play against Spurs now lol awesome coys 

3 hours ago, Asc3 said:

I have already  voted for a win. However yesterday's results have left me confused. I don't think any of our competitors played to the standard I expected but other premiership teams performed better than I thought. It could be a strange old season.

it appears we are now going all out to acquire a couple of players before the close of the window. Let's hope they are more Dele than N'jie.

Hows a fan to predict a final league position when we don't even know what the squad is.

A slight wobble on my prediction of 5th place!! May be slightly higher. TBC!!

We're not gonna have a role reversal (me predicting draws, you wins) this season are we!!:)

A great second half perforamnce by the lads. Kyle Walker-Peters MOTH, well deserved. Eriksen was our strongest player, two fantastic assists that lad to our goals. Shame, Harry kane;s August jinx has not gone away. COYS!!!!.