Welcome to Spurs Web

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tonto911

Oh dear Danny Boy...

Started by Tonto911,

37 posts in this topic

Negative stuff all over the press regarding an alleged interview....

I hope that he has been misquoted, or his comments taken out of context...

He is not really in a good position to start making demands when he is still not in 1st team action. Badly advised by his agent, or maybe he isn't going to make it back anytime soon because of his injury ?

He would do better to behave like Lamela, who has always said that he is desperate to get back and play again... Do that first and show us how much you are worth...

understandable. How long did Harry and Toby need to wait for their increase of wages? On the other side he didn't really showed much last season, could also be just a kinda strategy to tempt the boss

I don't understand why everyone is bleating about loyalty. He is a footballer who has been given the opportunity and more than enough time to make it to a good premiership level. Now he has sent the message to our competitors that by paying him an average wage he can double his wages.

Now sell him to the highest possible bidder and make money out of the situation.

I could mention that if we had had the foresight to strengthen the squad in the last few transfer windows or specifically the last 5 weeks Danny's remarks would not have been so painfully true and obvious.

Jamesinashby likes this

15 minutes ago, BlockFeet said:

By all means express such views privately but keep your mouth shut in public. 

Unless you are trying to encourage your next employer!!!

Some of the reports suggest that he wants to move back up north, yet there are no quotes from him to that effect. Furthermore, the same scumbag journo that suggests that it may be a reason then goes on to say..."so, it's manu or chelsea..." the chavs are south of Tottenham last time I looked....
Another media quip is that there is a suggestion that The Poch might be ready to swap Danny Rose for Luke Shaw and cash. At 22 Shaw is the better long term prospect and has played for our coach before... I wonder how long before Danny falls foul of maureenho ? As the 'special (needs) one' always says about something or other ..."I sink it will very soon..."
Dier, Bale and now Rose, all players brought on by THFC........
We could of course tell maureenho that we want a swap with Rashford...
Those are are our terms, because Danny has persuaded us that he is worth so much now.....

2 hours ago, Tonto911 said:
Some of the reports suggest that he wants to move back up north, yet there are no quotes from him to that effect. Furthermore, the same scumbag journo that suggests that it may be a reason then goes on to say..."so, it's manu or chelsea..." the chavs are south of Tottenham last time I looked....
Another media quip is that there is a suggestion that The Poch might be ready to swap Danny Rose for Luke Shaw and cash. At 22 Shaw is the better long term prospect and has played for our coach before... I wonder how long before Danny falls foul of maureenho ? As the 'special (needs) one' always says about something or other ..."I sink it will very soon..."
Dier, Bale and now Rose, all players brought on by THFC........
We could of course tell maureenho that we want a swap with Rashford...
Those are are our terms, because Danny has persuaded us that he is worth so much now.....

Not sure journalists or Mourinio are at fault here. Danny wants more money and a chance at Cups or trophies.. Honesty deserves respect. If Spurs had strengthened this story may not have arisen.

8 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

Not sure journalists or Mourinio are at fault here. Danny wants more money and a chance at Cups or trophies.. Honesty deserves respect. If Spurs had strengthened this story may not have arisen.

My point was in the last 3 or 4 weeks maureenho has been allegedly after Dier Bale and now Rose.........how is that not his fault ?

Rose is injured and maybe wont be back soon, so wants away before he gets written off maybe. I hope not, but nobody is bigger than the club.

Journos probably approached Danny Rose and got him at it......

I can'timagine danny rang them up and asked for an interview... maybe his agent did. I hate all the trashy press in this country..

stanmac likes this

I think there are a couple of places he could have been more diplomatic in that interview but by and large he is hard to argue with. Even though I know why Spurs are doing what they are doing in the transfer market and with the wage structure, he is hard to argue with.

Royce 71 likes this

42 minutes ago, Neophyte said:

I think there are a couple of places he could have been more diplomatic in that interview but by and large he is hard to argue with. Even though I know why Spurs are doing what they are doing in the transfer market and with the wage structure, he is hard to argue with.

Yes, I concur, but the first version that I read had important lines omitted that changed a lot of emphasis. Bastards.

I'd take Luke Shaw even money.  Danny Rose was great 2 seasons ago when we wound up third, I don't remember much about his performance last season, I think he was again great,  but after nearly a full year out and 28 yrs. old, plus he's not changed England's national team's luck at all

We could have hoped that Danny was grateful for the support and guidance within the club to allow him to progress from an average premiership to an England international.

Am I being cruel to suggest he only reached his level during the last two seasons which included a long period of injury and I am fairly certain at least one period of being dropped by Poch.

If he wants to go, get the best money and let him go.

What is annoying me is the support he apparently has within the squad. Spurs made a big play on signing all our players to 5 year contracts in the last 12 months. Let them honour their contracts? 

If we had strengthened the squad with the prospect of glory this season this money situation may not have arisen or could have been deflected to be discussed at the end of a successful season.

Spurs shooting themselves in the foot??????

Tonto911 and Spurfect like this

46 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

We could have hoped that Danny was grateful for the support and guidance within the club to allow him to progress from an average premiership to an England international.

Am I being cruel to suggest he only reached his level during the last two seasons which included a long period of injury and I am fairly certain at least one period of being dropped by Poch.

If he wants to go, get the best money and let him go.

What is annoying me is the support he apparently has within the squad. Spurs made a big play on signing all our players to 5 year contracts in the last 12 months. Let them honour their contracts? 

If we had strengthened the squad with the prospect of glory this season this money situation may not have arisen or could have been deflected to be discussed at the end of a successful season.

Spurs shooting themselves in the foot??????

It looks that way. I can understand what was maybe going through Danny Rose's mind when he was injured. As a pro footballer the whole world must have come crashing down around him, he missed his Mum, and somebody else takes his place, and the team continue to play really well without him... Strange though, as I remember an article about him earlier in the season whe The Poch was joshing him about selling him, and how they got on really well together etc Why didn't he go to his Manager rather then the scumbag press... ? I guess we wont know until he's gone, or gets a rise and stays...  Of course, all of this might just be a way to get him away because his knee might be shot to pieces ?

stanmac likes this

It's sounds like he might be the union rep for the rest of the squad,,being applauded coming into training is strange,,,maybe there's been been a lot more going on behind the scene than we know,,Rose has the same agent as walker ,,it's all really fucked at the mo

Two things come to mind.  First, the Walker sale was always going to have repercussions wage wise.  You cannot tell me that the core group would not look at the wages City gave Walker and say "right if he got that I'm worth at least this".  This rings even truer with Rose given the same agent.  

Secondly, Rose had two gripes.  Wages and the lack of signings.  Now how does he believe alerting the entire World to the relative inadequacy of Spurs' wage structure will make it any easier for us to sign players of any quality?  It essentially limits us to buying players that come from "lesser teams" with lower pay structures.  So now we are looking to sign players willing to settle for less money AND come assuming they will be second choice in their position given the strength of our top eleven. 

Unless our top eleven start parading out the door of course....I seem to remember reading that Toby was frustrated with a lack of progress on a new deal.  Maybe this goes deeper than we know...

Neophyte and stanmac like this

23 hours ago, Tonto911 said:

Negative stuff all over the press regarding an alleged interview....

I hope that he has been misquoted, or his comments taken out of context...

He is not really in a good position to start making demands when he is still not in 1st team action. Badly advised by his agent, or maybe he isn't going to make it back anytime soon because of his injury ?

He would do better to behave like Lamela, who has always said that he is desperate to get back and play again... Do that first and show us how much you are worth...

Makes my blood boil TBH. Fair do's you have the likes of Raheem Sterling on 200k a week. But that is the fault of footballs corrupt governing bodies for allowing this to happen. That said I don't exactly blame Rose. He is just a pawn in the game that is being played by the Arabs who have the whole World over a barrell - literally. My main gripe is that Rose should speak to Pochettino if he is unhappy, not the Sun. And as stated elsewhere, he should be more concerned about getting into OUR team. We won 12 out of last 13 without him OR Walker.

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

It's sounds like he might be the union rep for the rest of the squad,,being applauded coming into training is strange,,,maybe there's been been a lot more going on behind the scene than we know,,Rose has the same agent as walker ,,it's all really fucked at the mo

Personally, I don't believe all that about the applause. I know its a controversial thing to say but, I honestly think that the tosspot journos make things up... Does anybody think that is a bit far fetched ?

I know it seems rather unlikely and surely The Sun wouldn't ever do that would they ? they have a reputation to protect after all.....

C***s

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

Maybe he was forced to read this out and they all swallowed it ?

Rose.jpg

Mr8ball likes this

Most of the players were happy to sign new 5 year contracts on significant wage increases.

i don't want to be overly critical but who has been managing the squad in the lead up to this situation. What about the young,motivated,happy, hard working club loving players we are led to believe have been established in recent years.

Poch has sent mixed messages in recent weeks. First we don't need extra players. The first team and youngsters can manage. At least 3 players confirmed this view.

Then we need a flurry of players before the remaining transfer window closes.

Raising another of my old moans....might an influential respected team and club Captain have picked up on the vibes earlier and manage it or at least forewarned the club.

Lets hope this is just a minor mess and not something to affect our already difficult forthcoming Season

5 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

Most of the players were happy to sign new 5 year contracts on significant wage increases.

i don't want to be overly critical but who has been managing the squad in the lead up to this situation. What about the young,motivated,happy, hard working club loving players we are led to believe have been established in recent years.

Poch has sent mixed messages in recent weeks. First we don't need extra players. The first team and youngsters can manage. At least 3 players confirmed this view.

Then we need a flurry of players before the remaining transfer window closes.

Raising another of my old moans....might an influential respected team and club Captain have picked up on the vibes earlier and manage it or at least forewarned the club.

Lets hope this is just a minor mess and not something to affect our already difficult forthcoming Season

Yeah, like a storm in a teacup/rosebowl even ?

You make a good point about nobody picking up on a a possible undercurrent, but as he says, he was alone whilst being injured, and had a lot of thinking time, and maybe instead of talking to his manager, he spoke to his agent. Saw that he could make a few £££££ from the sun/(c****s and dived in.... maybe that the air has been cleared with a fine and apology it will all calm down again.

of course, something that may have changed The Poch's view about recruitment was the injury to Trippier, and maybe Barkley was always on the cards, just a matter of him recovering from his surgery/whatever. What we are told is probably different to what the players are told...

15 hours ago, Neophyte said:

Agree! He could/should have kept it in house but now its out there he is only saying what I think all of us are either saying or at least thinking........

DL/MP Have done an amazing job in progressing the club (training ground/stadium included) assembling a fantastic first 11 and a very decent squad which has seen us qualify for CL football these past 2 seasons. Relatively speaking they have achieved that on a budget and should be applauded! but to think we can continue to progress consistently with our 'financial' philosophy in this industry would ridiculous imo erase all the previous efforts and hard work!

COYS!

Jamesinashby likes this

38 minutes ago, Royce 71 said:

Agree! He could/should have kept it in house but now its out there he is only saying what I think all of us are either saying or at least thinking........

DL/MP Have done an amazing job in progressing the club (training ground/stadium included) assembling a fantastic first 11 and a very decent squad which has seen us qualify for CL football these past 2 seasons. Relatively speaking they have achieved that on a budget and should be applauded! but to think we can continue to progress consistently with our 'financial' philosophy in this industry would ridiculous imo erase all the previous efforts and hard work!

COYS!

Welcome back, Young man. Your balancing views have been missed. Poor Asc3 has to some extent been a lone voice with his views so similar to yours which will be a great comfort to him.

COYS 

2 hours ago, Tonto911 said:

Maybe he was forced to read this out and they all swallowed it ?

Rose.jpg

Almost certainly dictated to him but probably it may be for the best to calm the situation down and shut the door to the jounces hounding him.

COYS