Welcome to Spurs Web

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tonto911

Oh dear Danny Boy...

Started by Tonto911,

37 posts in this topic
41 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Welcome back, Young man. Your balancing views have been missed. Poor Asc3 has to some extent been a lone voice with his views so similar to yours which will be a great comfort to him.

COYS 

Your to kind Sir! Hope you are well James my friend. I,ll look forward to the occasional posts between us:)

Welcome back Royce 71. By the way I am pleased to confirm you were right last season. My prediction of 5th was a tad off your Top 4. Apology over!!!

Hope you found the grub inside to your liking  (lol)and you will be able to continue your posts on here this season.

we have had our two seasons of achievement and  I have to predict a 5th place once again. This season????

To continue the balance the books discussion. I want the club go buy what they can afford with our increased income of recent years. I do not expect or want 50/60£ Million players...but I do expect our penalty for that is we expect our Manager and the club to be meticulous in researching and recruiting the right people.

We cannot as in recent years waste 10's of millions on players that subsequently get shunted  off on loan and then just disappear at a big loss.

The club should resurrect the series of  photographs of Poch and the happy individual players gratefully signing their increased wage contracts over the last 12 months. If it was good enough then.......

I think James is confused. I recall you rarely (Never!) agreed  with my occasional sensible post.

Jamesinashby likes this

41 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

Welcome back Royce 71. By the way I am pleased to confirm you were right last season. My prediction of 5th was a tad off your Top 4. Apology over!!!

Hope you found the grub inside to your liking  (lol)and you will be able to continue your posts on here this season.

we have had our two seasons of achievement and  I have to predict a 5th place once again. This season????

To continue the balance the books discussion. I want the club go buy what they can afford with our increased income of recent years. I do not expect or want 50/60£ Million players...but I do expect our penalty for that is we expect our Manager and the club to be meticulous in researching and recruiting the right people.

We cannot as in recent years waste 10's of millions on players that subsequently get shunted  off on loan and then just disappear at a big loss.

The club should resurrect the series of  photographs of Poch and the happy individual players gratefully signing their increased wage contracts over the last 12 months. If it was good enough then.......

I think James is confused. I recall you rarely (Never!) agreed  with my occasional sensible post.

Appreciated Asc3! I can not deny my abstinence was painful (not the sort some feel when inside!!) and its good to read the old voices again if you know what I mean??

My contribution this time round will be less regular and 'controversial', However!...........

We as football fans are by nature 'fickle' beings and like it or not so are the players. What was ok 6-12 months ago is now questionable. Like it or not (and I don't) this multi-billion£ industry called The EPL imo is losing more and more of its soul with every transfer and wage increase. DL/MP have to be applauded for progressing our club (since MP's arrival) to its current stature but for me to continue with this progress we have to now pay the piper. The top class players that we have assembled won't stay around for much longer why they see other top class (and less than top-class) players earning 2-3 times more.

If I had any say in the matter and it was a choice of spending 100 million on 3 new signings or distributing that same 100 million on contract upgrades. I know what I would do!

Asc3 Man! I am a little nervy about Wembly. Atmosphere and our high-line on the bigger pitch but I still think we can get a march on the Manx whilst their new acquisitions bed-in and all ain't well at Chelski and with the bin-men plus they have Europe to consider. Also Woolwich will end up just being Woolwichgey again. So I'm confident of another CL qualification and 1 trophy this season!

Coys!

Jamesinashby likes this

I agree football loses its appeal the more the greedy,selfish rich show that their master is really the money and all the badge kissing , fan loving, club loving only lasts as long as their agent tells them it does.

I think the one time the players get confused over this is when they are winning games and competitions when team camaraderie takes over for a time.

I hope the other Top 5 do have the problems you describe and do not fulfil their ambitions. I will be surprised if they are all as disorganised as they have been in the last 2 Seasons. If they are there could be a few Managers looking for jobs.

I think Spurs can continue to do what they have always done and perfected in recent years. Buy sensibly priced professionals and maintain the Wage structure. Whether Poch can do it or we have to employ an additional person to do this only Mr Levy will know.

Whether we have a successful season or not we can expect some of our Top players to leave next year. So let's plan for that....start recruiting suitable replacements now who will accept the role of understudy to our top players and the wage structure  as it is. 

I think we can establish ourselves in a position behind the Top money clubs and ahead of the mid table premiership clubs. I don't think it has to be super rich or nothing. We have been doing this already but should now make it our clubs future policy. Our Management structure may need to "grow a pair" and stand up to the players putting the club always first.

Even if it does not work it may extend the time when we are completely swallowed up by the greed of the game.

Royce71 I hope you are right about Top 4 and a Cup. A Cup possibly?. I think you have forgotten that at Wembley the pitch is too wide, the grass too long and that's before we talk about team harmony and morale.

Jamesinashby likes this

Football clubs are getting a lot of free money. Players doesn't care where the money is coming from.

We are not going to sell Walker and Rose in the same transfer window. I can see us selling Rose next summer if he wants to move on.

A person earning £50,000pa (double the national wage) would have to work around twenty years to earn what Rose has been paid since he was injured FFS.

As far as I am concerned, Rose was never better than good, so he can fuck off. We have some players who would be irreplaceable - he isn't one of them.

Jamesinashby, Asc3, Tonto911 and 1 other like this

14 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

A person earning £50,000pa (double the national wage) would have to work around twenty years to earn what Rose has been paid since he was injured FFS.

As far as I am concerned, Rose was never better than good, so he can fuck off. We have some players who would be irreplaceable - he isn't one of them.

I couldn't agree more. We clearly haven't missed him as we have kept winning, often handsomely. during his absence. I know one swallow doesn't make a summer, but KWP's debut was more than encouraging. There is still time this window, get rid I say. 

Cromulentmart likes this

Rose go's! An what? Davies becomes our first choice L/B? I could live with that but it would seriously leave us holding our breath every time we saw Davies go in for a crunching tackle. Who would we use or get as a back up? Or we look to replace Rose as our first choice and Davies go's back to being the understudy? How will that effect the boys mind-set after 3 years at the club! Personally I would use Rose as a make-weight for a Martial deal and look for (whilst keeping our fingers crossed) a number 2 L/B. That' my 'reality-ish' world!

My 'Fantasy' world is we use Rose as part of a the deal that brings both Martial and Shaw to The Lane and Poch has to do even more to warrant his 5mill by keeping both Davies/Shaw content!

Forget about Shaw. He never seem return to full fitness.

Football clubs are getting free money from everywhere. Do footballers question where the money is coming from? Let's not pretend that all of the money come from legit businesses.