Welcome to Spurs Web

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rookie1968

The good old days

Started by Rookie1968,

Remember those anxious times on the last day of the transfer window eagerly waiting for news of the last minute big signing and our Arry with Dans help pulling some shock last minute deal out of the bag alas me thinks them days are gone with the likes of twitter facebook and snapchat we get to know way before things are finalised now shame really used to enjoy staying up right till the end because you just never know what was going to happen but i think spurs transfer policy is no longer like that we are continually buying for the future (some may say boring) so no more big (ish) name signings as i reckon all will be done with plenty of time to spare so no staying up past my bedtime for me although a little piece of me is hoping to wake up friday morning and be shocked with a surprise addition. 

Oh and sissoko has gone

anyone else guna wake up surprised or shocked if so what will it be.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was shocked with the Sissoko signing and pray there is no repeat of a similar last minute panic buying this time. But as we have actually made same purchases I feel that is unlikely. 

I could be happily shocked by finding we had landed a big (ish) name but I also feel that is unlikely. 

As this window has panned out, like you, I too won't be staying up in anticipation, but I will be impatiently and restlessly waiting to get up to see if there has been some exciting development and, like you,  if it was the moving on of Sissoko, that would be an early Christmas.

COYS

Tonto911 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I was shocked with the Sissoko signing and pray there is no repeat of a similar last minute panic buying this time. But as we have actually made same purchases I feel that is unlikely. 

I could be happily shocked by finding we had landed a big (ish) name but I also feel that is unlikely. 

As this window has panned out, like you, I too won't be staying up in anticipation, but I will be impatiently and restlessly waiting to get up to see if there has been some exciting development and, like you,  if it was the moving on of Sissoko, that would be an early Christmas.

COYS

Won't say its a panic buy, but the signing of the spanish Lambert (Llorente) isn't what we need IMO

Tonto911 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could well be right, Spurfect. The only thing in his favour, is that he has experience in the EPL and did manage 15 goals last season with a team fighting relegation. Fingers crossed that if he does come to spurs we will provide him with more scoring opportunities then he got playing for a team that had to spend much of it's time valiently defending.

COYS

Tonto911 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

You could well be right, Spurfect. The only thing in his favour, is that he has experience in the EPL and did manage 15 goals last season with a team fighting relegation. Fingers crossed that if he does come to spurs we will provide him with more scoring opportunities then he got playing for a team that had to spend much of it's time valiently defending.

COYS

I keep thinking two things about him:

1. All he had to pull attention away from himself last season was Gylfi yet he managed 15 goals. He has to have something to able to do that. How many more might he score in a side where defenders have Eriksen, Son, Dele and Harry, should Poch put them on together, to worry about.

2. Conte had him a Juve and wanted to bring him to Chelsea.

Tonto911 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well guys was i wrong woke up this morning to hear about lorryempty reckon i going to bed now to wake up and find out we bought some real players like messi,ronaldo,bale hopefully not a barkley and sissocko will be gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Neophyte said:

I keep thinking two things about him:

1. All he had to pull attention away from himself last season was Gylfi yet he managed 15 goals. He has to have something to able to do that. How many more might he score in a side where defenders have Eriksen, Son, Dele and Harry, should Poch put them on together, to worry about.

2. Conte had him a Juve and wanted to bring him to Chelsea.

That is a very good observation. Llorente is very much a bits and pieces striker. at 32 (?) he wont have the work rate of The Kane. probably an effective impact sub.

Royce 71 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

That is a very good observation. Llorente is very much a bits and pieces striker. at 32 (?) he wont have the work rate of The Kane. probably an effective impact sub.

He will also (at home) give HK more space/options to drop that little bit deeper and strike from distance as Harry dose!

Tonto911 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rookie1968 said:

Woke up dissapointed sissoko still at spurs why will nothing good ever go right for me

Something good has gone right for you. You have found this forum - the best of all the Spurs forums.

Mind you, I understand the disappointment of Sissoko still being around. But, as long suffering Spurs supporters, it has toughened our resilience to disappointments.   LOL

COYS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could handle my kids disowning me i could handle my mrs leaving me in fact at times I actively encourage her but why couldn't dan the man av took a bit of a dive on the price and got shot now or as he got something up his sleeve in the January window hmmm lets see eh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now