Welcome to Spurs Web

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

daft yank

too early to tell?

Started by daft yank,

I wonder if anyone is worried about Serge Aurier,  and do you think we should all ready be looking for a way out of his contract come the next transfer window. I realize how rash that may seem but given what I've read and seen so far,  I don't know if he is "coach-able" .  Only time will tell, and i'm posting this mostly to stir up the "opinion" pot. There are certain qualities our fan base adores in a player ( I actually can't speak for our "fan base"), and so far he doesn't seem to posses those qualities. I hope he settles in,  but given some of the things you read about his recent past, and his actions on the pitch thus far, I'm worried.

I have made my feelings/opinions clear on Aurier. I hope to be proved wrong. I truly believe we beat Apoel because Poch took him off under the 60 minute mark!

This 23 million£ player confessed to being the best right back in the French League!

People are saying he will learn and Poch will help him no doubt but there are simple defensive basics that the lad is not adhering to! Positioning: Time and time again he gets caught the wrong side of his man! Going to ground: As a result of his poor positioning he ends up going to ground a dozen times in a game!!

I know a lot of people like him because he is strong and tenacious but if he does not acquire a brain to go with it he will end up costing us!

4 hours ago, hastingsyid said:

he will be ok,just trying to prove himself too quick at times he needs to calm down a bit but he will become a brilliant signing

I agree. I like his tenacity and work rate. A bit Walkerish with his crossing at times but I think that is something Poch can work on.

20 hours ago, Royce 71 said:

This 23 million£ player confessed to being the best right back in the French League!

I haven't seen that anywhere... A rather bold statement to make, unless it was just more rubbish journo spin ?

Whilst it's good to be confident, it does rather leave him open for comments such as yours...

maybe he said it at the time he was in dispute with Blanc ?

Mmmm, this has got me thinking now......... apart from Hugo, and of course David Ginola, we do not have a very good record signing Frenchmen..... (although he is Ivorian)

7 hours ago, hastingsyid said:

he will be ok,just trying to prove himself too quick at times he needs to calm down a bit but he will become a brilliant signing

'kin 'ell

wise words......

Its funny how I (being daft and a yank) was so impressed by his tackling ability and now seeing that sometimes his tackles are compensation for being out of position in the first place? I'm not at all saying he won't work out, I just wondered if anyone else was getting that feeling in their gut, so to speak, that he might not conform to Poch's teachings. I too think this was a great signing. Again way too early to tell

3 hours ago, Tonto911 said:

I haven't seen that anywhere... A rather bold statement to make, unless it was just more rubbish journo spin ?

Whilst it's good to be confident, it does rather leave him open for comments such as yours...

maybe he said it at the time he was in dispute with Blanc ?

My playing comments/opinion of him is of what I have seen in a Tottenham shirt and so far I don't like what I have seen! As I have said in every post I have made about Aurier, I want him to be able to make me eat my words by becoming a real force for us. But I have an anxiety about him! He could have cost us point against The Pikies and I am convinced had Poch not taken him off when he did against Apoel then we would have seen a different result!

I want this boy to be a success for one simple reason. If he ain't and he ain't playing he may well attempt to 'disrupt' things to get a move away! Maybe to Manure who he courted before arriving at Spurs. I also think airing comments like the ones he did to millions of people on social media about he's manager at the time could be describe as something slightly more serious than a dispute!

He worries me Tonto! On and off the pitch!

Ps: Pardue made the comment about the, comment! Aurier made regards being the best right-back, when doing his pundit bit on Sky for us against The Spammers. 

2 hours ago, daft yank said:

Its funny how I (being daft and a yank) was so impressed by his tackling ability and now seeing that sometimes his tackles are compensation for being out of position in the first place? I'm not at all saying he won't work out, I just wondered if anyone else was getting that feeling in their gut, so to speak, that he might not conform to Poch's teachings. I too think this was a great signing. Again way too early to tell

Your right DY it is to early to tell but like you I have a feeling in my gut that this boy might not be right for us!

2 hours ago, Royce 71 said:

My playing comments/opinion of him is of what I have seen in a Tottenham shirt and so far I don't like what I have seen! As I have said in every post I have made about Aurier, I want him to be able to make me eat my words by becoming a real force for us. But I have an anxiety about him! He could have cost us point against The Pikies and I am convinced had Poch not taken him off when he did against Apoel then we would have seen a different result!

I want this boy to be a success for one simple reason. If he ain't and he ain't playing he may well attempt to 'disrupt' things to get a move away! Maybe to Manure who he courted before arriving at Spurs. I also think airing comments like the ones he did to millions of people on social media about he's manager at the time could be describe as something slightly more serious than a dispute!

He worries me Tonto! On and off the pitch!

Ps: Pardue made the comment about the, comment! Aurier made regards being the best right-back, when doing his pundit bit on Sky for us against The Spammers. 

Mmm, pardew... still bitter that he didn't make it at THFC as a player... I do understand what you are saying, but I can see a lot of positive things from him, and feel that he will need a run of games to get himself established, maybe he will just be regularly rotated with Trippier ...

He will be available for the Real Madrid game, big decision for The Poch....  Does bale still play on the left ?

2 hours ago, Tonto911 said:

Mmm, pardew... still bitter that he didn't make it at THFC as a player... I do understand what you are saying, but I can see a lot of positive things from him, and feel that he will need a run of games to get himself established, maybe he will just be regularly rotated with Trippier ...

He will be available for the Real Madrid game, big decision for The Poch....  Does bale still play on the left ?

Like everyone is saying its to early to make a real judgement of him, good, bad or indifferent until we see more of him. I get that! Just my initial thought is we will be criticising him more than praising him?

I so want to be wrong on this Tonto!

Ps: Subject exhausted for now I think:)

Coys!

Well he definately won't play against Uddersfield, so he won't make any mistakes this weekend... lol

I do realise that you want to be wrong, I'm not in any way having a go at you.

This is a forum, for opinions.

I shall certainly revisit this thread after his next game.

Royce 71 and Jamesinashby like this

Agree 100% with Hastings.  He is trying a bit too hard to impress too early.  He will calm down and end up being fantastic for us.  He is so athletic and clearly wants to win us over.  He is very similar to Walker in many regards, quick athletic and sometimes caught out of position defensively...but he also tackles better than Walker.  By January I feel we will all be very much in agreement.

3 hours ago, Tonto911 said:

Well he definately won't play against Uddersfield, so he won't make any mistakes this weekend... lol

I do realise that you want to be wrong, I'm not in any way having a go at you.

This is a forum, for opinions.

I shall certainly revisit this thread after his next game.

Never crossed my mind Tonto! The debates on this site are always just that! A debate! It very rarely becomes silly or personal!

Maybe because the majority posting on here are all far to wise (polite way of saying old!) for any nonsense like that!

COYS!

Jamesinashby and Tonto911 like this