Welcome to Spurs Web

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Neophyte

PL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Bournemouth

Started by Neophyte,

Tottenham v Bournemouth   7 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 posts in this topic

Back to Spurs issues - it seems that we haven't picked up any injuries during the break - just Ben Davies playing tonight (I think), so let's hope he gets through it all unscathed. I think it may be a bit of a blood and guts game, so I am a little concerned.

stanmac likes this

Yes Cromulentmart

As you rightly point out it will be a really tough game tonight.

Bale will be a huge loss,he's capable of turning any game.

Hope all goes well for us and nobody gets badly injured on either side

11 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

They are not out of the way .... yet!

Wales have a game this evening !!

How could I have forgotten!!:)

9 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

Cardiff is already full - it's going to be a big night. 

James and I will be on different sides tonight for a change!

Hard luck, Crom, and hard for you to take with so much possession. Skin of the teeth job but the bhoys held on for an historic victory. One mistake and one chance taken decided it. My nerves are in shreds and my nails bitten down to the quick. 

COYS

11 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

Hard luck, Crom, and hard for you to take with so much possession. Skin of the teeth job but the bhoys held on for an historic victory. One mistake and one chance taken decided it. My nerves are in shreds and my nails bitten down to the quick. 

COYS

I have to say that we never really looked like scoring, although Ireland didn't either, but well done and good luck in the play offs.

Wales will always struggle without Bale - and when their two main strikers are Robson-Kanu and Vokes !

Tonto911 and Jamesinashby like this

9 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

I have to say that we never really looked like scoring, although Ireland didn't either, but well done and good luck in the play offs.

Wales will always struggle without Bale - and when their two main strikers are Robson-Kanu and Vokes !

The youngster from the bindippers looked promising, but I felt that the biggest disappointment for wales was aaron ramsey. I thought that without Bale he would take on the mantle, but he clearly just isn't up to it....

Cromulentmart likes this

Tonto,Ramsey like Wilshit flatters to deceive..

He should have taken more control and encouraged the rest of the team.

He'll never be a leader,yes Wales had a lot of possession but nobody wanted to lead by example.

We don't have anyone to replace Ramsey so he becomes  an automatic choice.

People say there's no such thing as a one man team,,,,,Wales without Bale are clueless

Tonto911 and Cromulentmart like this

4 hours ago, Tonto911 said:

The youngster from the bindippers looked promising, but I felt that the biggest disappointment for wales was aaron ramsey. I thought that without Bale he would take on the mantle, but he clearly just isn't up to it....

He is a wanker, what else have you expected?

9 hours ago, Neophyte said:

My guess is that Poch comes out nearly full strength for this match.

Lloris

Toby, Sanchez, Jan

Trippier, Dier, Sissoko, Davies

Eriksen, Kane, Dele

Righty right! The next one who believes Sissoko is better in central mid than at the wings! ;)

Guess the formation will decide. Don't believe Bournmouth will hide. In a 4-4-1-1 they will drown. glug glug glug...

14 hours ago, Spurfect said:

Righty right! The next one who believes Sissoko is better in central mid than at the wings! ;)

Guess the formation will decide. Don't believe Bournmouth will hide. In a 4-4-1-1 they will drown. glug glug glug...

He is better in the center. Doesn't mean he is great there, just better than on the wings.

And I put him in here in order to save Dembele for mid week with Real.

Royce 71 and Jamesinashby like this

Agree! Sissoko is a 'powerful' player and central mid-field is his best position but he is not as 'control tight' as Dembele and against top opposition we can not afford to lose the ball when driving forward. I'll give the lad praise for knuckling down and his all round improvement from last season but Dembele every time for me when fit.

stanmac, Neophyte and Spurfect like this

On 10/11/2017 at 3:37 PM, Royce 71 said:

Agree! Sissoko is a 'powerful' player and central mid-field is his best position but he is not as 'control tight' as Dembele and against top opposition we can not afford to lose the ball when driving forward. I'll give the lad praise for knuckling down and his all round improvement from last season but Dembele every time for me when fit.

agreed 100%

God what a bad performance from the lads so far. I nearly fell asleep for the tempo we play and although the match seemed to be frozen in midfield, it was Bournmouth who had the better chances. I like Dele's self esteem but the flick he made in the box in the early minutes when Eriksen took the free kick was unnecessary and prevent Sanchez from taking the volley. IMO it would have been a 100% goal. For me 

Winksy shows great potential but needs time. Today I wish he would dare to risk more. Of course deliberated, but should try the unpredictable. A shot from outside for example! Dier looks very rigid and only plays the safe passes. Wish he could play faster too. Eriksen is the best offensiv man. Nothing to see from Dele, Son and Kane.

Toby solid, Sanchez struggles with the pace from King. Verts a good replacement for Ben. Trips does was he can best, disturbing players and cross the ball. Hope the second half time is better. We are lucky only because Bournmouth can't take their chances!

1:0 Well done Christian!!! 

I've just got in from the Dreamers Caber at Bar in Los Christianos where I watched the match. The owner, Steve, is a Tottenham fan and there were another couple of Spurs fans there as well which made it more enjoyable - just as well as it was panning out to be another Spursey game.

The positives are a win at last in the EPL at Wembley and a clean sheet. Slowly, slowly we are dispelling the stupid 'Wembley curse' tag. Also, with Chelsea losing, we have a 3 point gap over them which we can turn into 6 when we meet this month. Also, Man Utd and Liverpool both dropped 2 points. All we need is for Harry to break his 'in home games ' barren  spell and Wembley will soon become a fortress.

Dele Alli still gives cause for concern and the team as a whole seems to be returning to being too pedestrian for too much of the game. However, this is no time for negativity. After our disastrous start dropping 4 unnecessary points, we are still right in the mix. 

If any of you guys come on holiday to Tenerife, the Dreamers Cabaret Bar in Los Christiano is well worth going to with a wide variety of good entertainment in the evening between 10 and 12pm.

COYS 

Just to give another prospective on the 'pace' we sometimes play at!

When teams decide to take us on we are a much quicker/adventurous side. The likes of Burnley/Swansea and Bournemouth when they visit, as we all know, they put 9+ players behind the ball. This shape from the opposition restricts (up to a point) the pace of our game because the preferred pass is not always on. So we go sideways/backwards and look to probe again and again!

We could argue our movement off the ball then needs to be better but that's a hard game to play for 90+ minutes over a 38 league season, plus CL and domestic comps! So we resort to the patient/slower game with MOMENTS of invention. As frustrating as this can be at times it should be looked at as a side with the ability to control/deal with all types of playing styles and now calculated enough (remember the burn-out of 15/16) to play 'The Long-Game'!

COYS!

stanmac and Cromulentmart like this