Welcome to Spurs Web

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

daft yank

Crowd Fund

Started by daft yank,

How much does the success of our beloved club matter? Does it give you a sense of "well being" when we are top four and starting to compete in UEFA? Everyone seems to think that this will be the last year we can hold the team together in today's current market, yet the revenue stream from our new stadium is several seasons out yeah? So why not crowd fund bonus money for those players that are worth up to 5 times what Spurs can pay them? Would this be legal via FIFA (rigorous standard that they adhere to)? I'm a struggling father of two but I believe I'd put a couple a quid in a fund to keep. say Harry, Christian etc.. once again just a topic to "jostle"  some opinions out you lot

2 hours ago, daft yank said:

How much does the success of our beloved club matter? Does it give you a sense of "well being" when we are top four and starting to compete in UEFA? Everyone seems to think that this will be the last year we can hold the team together in today's current market, yet the revenue stream from our new stadium is several seasons out yeah? So why not crowd fund bonus money for those players that are worth up to 5 times what Spurs can pay them? Would this be legal via FIFA (rigorous standard that they adhere to)? I'm a struggling father of two but I believe I'd put a couple a quid in a fund to keep. say Harry, Christian etc.. once again just a topic to "jostle"  some opinions out you lot

I have no idea if it would be legal or how it could be organised. However, when you consider it is not tens of millions but hundreds of millions that would be required when dealing with transfers and wages, it wouldn't raise anywhere near enough imo.  A nice idea though.

When you say 'everyone thinks this will be the last year we can hold the team together', I think you may find many of us on here would not agree with that statement. Indeed, there has been a ground swell of optimism over the last couple of years that the club is very much on track to actually becoming a genuine top team and keeping and attracting players will be a thing of the past. 

COYS 

I'm with you on that James, as I strongly believe that the combined new stadium revenues will fund the wages increases and more. It could well be that we will become the top London venue. We will an apn amazing atmosphere not available at Wemberley, or the shamirates, olympic bubbledome, and even the chavs' new pikey palace.......

I'd like to think Enic have played the long-game! Patiently and strategically been planning our rise over the past several+ years. I'm sure the new stadium plans must have been initially talked about  over 5 years+ ago!

Our academy has always been noted as one of the best in the prem. A State of the art training ground invested in to help give all the playing staff on the books the best chance to develop and keep developing. The sale of Bale/Modric/Berbatov  I'd like to think were calculations to allow us to get where we are now. DL for me has been looking for the final piece of the jigsaw for a very long time. Ramos! The revolutionary (or so he was billed) AVB! Both failing miserably so we went with Harry (old school) Redknapp and in a similar mould the interim Sherwood, but now DL has found his missing piece there is only way this club is heading and I believe DL knows what it has taken and will take and cost to continue the journey even if it means handing it all over to someone else for a very, very tidy profit!

So no need for crowd funding at The Lane Daft Yank! Not these (or future) days my friend!

COYS!

Edited by Royce 71
info error
Cromulentmart and Tonto911 like this

22 hours ago, daft yank said:

I want our top players to stay of course, but chipping in a few quid for a player already earning more in a month than I could earn is 10years? .......... no way !

Royce 71, daft yank and Tonto911 like this

2 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

I want our top players to stay of course, but chipping in a few quid for a player already earning more in a month than I could earn is 10years? .......... no way !

Agree! Bloody Immoral!

Tonto911 likes this

how long will Harry Kane continue to stare down 200 million Euro offers or the club turn down Benzema, Bale and Modric plus a 100 million or so     Just asking the question at the back of a lot of our minds

39 minutes ago, daft yank said:

how long will Harry Kane continue to stare down 200 million Euro offers or the club turn down Benzema, Bale and Modric plus a 100 million or so     Just asking the question at the back of a lot of our minds

8 games into a new season! Sitting in 3rd place 5 points off the leaders! Potential qualification from the CL group stage! Right now I'd rather focus on the here and now as I hope everyone on the pay-role at THFC is doing simply because it will then be us who is offering Kane and alike the big-er bucks!