Welcome to Spurs Web

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Neophyte

2018 Winter Transfer Window

Started by Neophyte,

239 posts in this topic

I see that James Maddison of Norwich is again being linked with coming to us.

He apparently is doing well with Norwich this season. It seems he has good close control, excellent passing skills and is scoring goals. I've read reports that some think he is one of the best players in the Championship.

Other top clubs have him on their radar, unfortunately. This doesn't help in keeping his transfer fee down. If too many go after him a sub £10M player will eventually go for £20M! It also means we have to convince him that Spurs are the club to come to.

For me personally, I think he might well be good as a rotation player for Erikson and Alli as it is difficult to find rotation partners for them. At worst he would be an upgrade in the quality sitting on the bench. I am not unhappy if he does come to us.

COYS

7 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Also I really think that mr levy really does not like paying silly money to the agents ,,Man Utd are reportedly willing to pay Sanchez ‘s agent £5 million plus money to Arsenal,,and his wages !!

anyway going back to draxler you would have thought he would want football with the World Cup coming in the summer,,,,and watching real betis last night I would again suggest Cristiano tello he looks like a player who is beast that needs unleashing,,it’s a confidence thing imo

let's chill and see. Barcelona will be the next! ;)

29 minutes ago, TC1000 said:

We probably loan Edwards to Norwich because we are interested in James Maddison.

Nice thought - I like it.

COYS

I have thrown this name into the ring a couple of times and the nil response has been deafening!!:)

Is it only me who thinks Hernandez at 29, scored goals pretty much where ever he has gone, played at the very highest level for some very big clubs and imo would suit our style of play is not worth a 15mill punt (as a plan B option) off The Pikies this window?

I'm reading they want rid so........

Ronaldo is up for sale !!!!!yes he is lol

he is upset that Madrid won’t pay him £600 grand a week !!!!! Poor man lol I think he has forgot he will be 33 next birthday ,,,he is now classed as a veteran footballer and apparently he upsets the rest of the Madrid squad !!!!now there’s a surprise !!!

stanmac likes this

11 hours ago, Royce 71 said:

I have thrown this name into the ring a couple of times and the nil response has been deafening!!:)

Is it only me who thinks Hernandez at 29, scored goals pretty much where ever he has gone, played at the very highest level for some very big clubs and imo would suit our style of play is not worth a 15mill punt (as a plan B option) off The Pikies this window?

I'm reading they want rid so........

He could do a job for us, but the word is that he already earns more than any of our players !

Royce 71 and Mr8ball like this

24 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

He could do a job for us, but the word is that he already earns more than any of our players !

I think you are right Crom 6-7mill is what I here? and I don't think he would necessarily be worth that. If buts and maybes but if we could entice him with a better standard of football (that's easy) CL football and maybe 100k, 5 mill a year for a couple of years, I think in return we would see 15+ goals per season across all campaigns from him? Then he would be worth that!

Like all of us we know we need a plan B and or support/cover for HK and as good as some of the players named on her may and might eventually be, I'm gonna quote Tonto and say "I'm thinking/living for the hear and now" (Jan-May) and unless we can pull-off some amazing deal for the likes of Martial, (big fan) even Zaha then imo we need epl experience because we need any addition to have a better chance of hitting the ground running than Johnny Foreigner (epl wise) who would likely take 6 months to settle! That's a Summer purchase!

We should all know by now that just because a player (especially strikers) is doing well in another league around Europe and comes in for a big price tag as a result does not mean he is gonna be a success!

There's been talk of Maddison for a few seasons now, not just with him arriving at The Lane but generally. I know very little of him but if people are still constantly talking about him he obviously has something about him and would seem to fit our player-purchase profile, but ain't he Winksy-esk?

Edited by Royce 71
error

1 hour ago, Cromulentmart said:

Per Spotrac.com he is on £140k a week, which is ridiculous for a player that can't get in the XI and stay there in a club barely out of the drop zone.

Want to know what's wrong at West Ham? Look at the wages. Their two top earners, Chicharito and Hart (both of whom make more than any Spur), can't hold down a starting spot and their #3 man on the wage bill, Arnoutovic, is injured as much as he is healthy. He makes £100k a week, btw.

Royce 71, Cromulentmart and stanmac like this

1 hour ago, Neophyte said:

Per Spotrac.com he is on £140k a week, which is ridiculous for a player that can't get in the XI and stay there in a club barely out of the drop zone.

Want to know what's wrong at West Ham? Look at the wages. Their two top earners, Chicharito and Hart (both of whom make more than any Spur), can't hold down a starting spot and their #3 man on the wage bill, Arnoutovic, is injured as much as he is healthy. He makes £100k a week, btw.

Yep agree! WHU are a poorly run outfit. They bring in a player like Hernandez and give him 140K a week and then don't play to his strengths!! Hence he and them now want to part company!

After not filling the role of 2nd Striker due initially to inefficiency in not recognising the need ......to inefficiency in not finding the right player.....Poch has fallen lucky that Son has now grown into the role this season.

still need an authorative Club Captain. I had hoped that again Poch might recognise,encourage and back a current player with the future of the club to be paramount. I had Winks in mind because I can see him as a solid professional player who could resist the money tree and would be attracted by ego,loyalty and the status of being a one Club player.

Could be one of Poch's most important decisions to ensure stability when the Superstars move on to better things. Only he can assess  players personality etc etc

I don't  see we Need anyone else but if we have money and the opportunity to buy quality players now before the Superstars move on to better things.......

We are doing alright but haven't proved ourselves permanent Top 4 yet!!!! That changes after every game. Encouragingly Liverpool,Chelsea,Arsenal and even Man Utd keep dropping points to give us the opportunity.

Lets hope they don't strengthen their teams in the next fortnight.