Welcome to Spurs Web

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Neophyte

PL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Everton

Started by Neophyte,

Tottenham v Everton   4 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Until now they are already 6,5 million bets on a Tottenham win. Same quotes as for the West Ham match. We are also playing the last, when all matches are finished and people look to find a match where they can win their money back. Our only chance is the quotes for Everton must explode, so the people will change their mind and bet for Everton!

I hate the betting mafia!!!

Tough call because Fat Sam wont come to win the game in the sense of creating chances but he knows he has players like Calvert-Lewin, Bolaise and Rooney who can hurt us on the break.

I'm a big fan of Tom Davies and Holgate as well!

We will have to be at our best but I think we will nick it 2-1!

COYS!!

I feel happier for this match. We seem to have moved away from our blip, injured players are now back and the enigma Dele is getting his form back. I fully accept that Big Sam is a good coach, but we have a squad much better than theirs. My feeling is we are at the start of a decent run along the lines of last season. I am going for a win - not necessarily easy, but, then again, nor overly worrying - possibly by 2 goals.

COYS

Big Sam will park the bus. We need to keep Bolarsie in check. They also have a new striker Tosun. The big worry is set piece situations. We won't want to give away fouls right outside the box. Rooney and Siggy can score from those positions. Siggy's crosses are also very dangerous.

Lloris

Aurier Sanchez Jan Davies

Wanyama Dier

Eriksen    Dele   Son

Kane

Everton's back four and Pickford are going to make mistakes. We have to more clinical.

I'm having a hard time with selection for this match. The return of Wanyama has strengthened the side but muddied the waters where selection is concerned. I can't see Everton being offensive enough to warrant a back 3 but if we did go 3 at the back it would give Aurier and Davies license to get further forward. Additionally, if we play a back 3 that means Son is likely to drop out of the XI which seems pretty cruel to me.

Glad I don't have the headache of setting up the side tomorrow.

stanmac likes this

48 minutes ago, Neophyte said:

I'm having a hard time with selection for this match. The return of Wanyama has strengthened the side but muddied the waters where selection is concerned. I can't see Everton being offensive enough to warrant a back 3 but if we did go 3 at the back it would give Aurier and Davies license to get further forward. Additionally, if we play a back 3 that means Son is likely to drop out of the XI which seems pretty cruel to me.

Glad I don't have the headache of setting up the side tomorrow.

I am more and more convinced that Dier should not be anywhere near a back 3. His concentration levels are not good enough - he reminds me of Caulker.

Maybe something like:-

Lloris

Foyth, Sanchez, Vertonghen

Aurier, Wanyama, Lamela, Davies

Eriksen, Alli

Kane

Jamesinashby and stanmac like this

I have felt for sometime now that he only produces his best playing in front of the central back 3. Undoubtedly he is a useful attribute to the side, but at the same time he is too often the culprit when mistakes are made. That makes the defence vulnerable. Also, when playing in a more forward position, he used to score important goals, not just for us but for England. 

Having said that, in covering injuries in the central positions, he has proved his versatility in covering in different roles.

COYS

A cracking game - we are back to our formidable best of last season. Sonny has really stepped up to mark to make up for Dele's lapse in form. I would go as far to say that currently, after Harry, he is the next important guy in the team and improving every match. With Chelsea drawing and If City beat Liverpool tomorrow, then the race for a top 4 place has will have eased considerably. We are now doing what is needed picking up points when the rivals are dropping them. To me it proves the team is not suffering from nerves and is over the blip. Harry, Deli, Eric and Sonny have a fantastic understanding and will be difficult for any team to devise a defense against. 

Onwards and upwards.

COYS

Royce 71 likes this

A complete performance today! As James has already said, a throw back to our best the last couple of seasons. My "fretting" mind  is now at rest! When the squad apply themselves and produce the quality we saw today I do not begrudge them a single pound they all receive!

Sonny got m.o.t.m and of course I would agree but these past 2-3 months Verts for me without Toby has exceled and really stepped up to the plate!

One more note! 27million for Tosun I guarantee will look a bargain 18 months from now! But Spurfect knows that already!

COYS!!

stanmac, Jamesinashby, GPK and 1 other like this

Everton needs a new back four. They tried to have a go at us after 2-0 down. The game opened up and we took advantage to score 2 more. I can't predict how Tosun will perform after just 1 game. Many strikers in PL play the physical game well. Janssen is physical against CB.

Dembele is very lucky not to get a yellow card early in the game. Jagielka is also lucky not to get a red card for two bookings when he tackled Eriksen late after Eriksen scored.

Aurier is a good attacking threat going forward. After just 6 months he is ahead of Trippier for the starting RB. And I feel KWP deserved more games too.

On 13/01/2018 at 9:08 PM, Jamesinashby said:

A cracking game - we are back to our formidable best of last season. Sonny has really stepped up to mark to make up for Dele's lapse in form. I would go as far to say that currently, after Harry, he is the next important guy in the team and improving every match. With Chelsea drawing and If City beat Liverpool tomorrow, then the race for a top 4 place has will have eased considerably. We are now doing what is needed picking up points when the rivals are dropping them. To me it proves the team is not suffering from nerves and is over the blip. Harry, Deli, Eric and Sonny have a fantastic understanding and will be difficult for any team to devise a defense against. 

Onwards and upwards.

COYS

It may be a race for the top 5 this season. If Man City with this year's CL (or Spurs of course), then we would have 5 teams again next season (I think).

Jamesinashby likes this