Welcome to Spurs Web

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

1. Forum News

1. Announcements, Feedback & Support

To help keep all our loyal members informed of any changes or updates to the forum, staff will pop in here and tell you about them. Also please give us some feedback and if you're having any problems regarding the forums post it here.

843 posts
  2. Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

1. Spurs News

News And Stories About Our Club

15,940 posts
    2. The Match

Discuss the fixtures and the results whoever Spurs are up against, in any competition.

20,708 posts
    3. Transfer Talk

The clue's in the title. Keep up to date with all the players rumoured to be joining the club here

11,616 posts
    4. MEMORY LANE

WHITE HART LANE MEMORIES

27 posts
  3. Community

1. Football Banter

All other general football chat here that isn't related to Tottenham.

4,726 posts
    2. New Members

Make your first post here and introduce yourself to the Spurs Web regulars so we know who you are.

1,914 posts
    3. General

Anything non spurs

148 posts
      • No posts here yet

• Next Game

Man United

Kick Off:
    Venue:
    Comp:
    Days
    Hours
    Minutes
    Seconds
    • 2018 Winter Transfer Window
      I know what you mean Royce, but even Usain would have football skills and qualities, he won't work I'm afraid, cause Pochs narrow and predictable system, so as single players like Dembs don't allow a fast counter attack. In some cases he is a better version of Henderson. Its more the system, the formation, the understanding of players and their decisions that are fasten up or slowing down the game. Strange... know I understand why Poch is looking to replace Dembele with a player like Kondogbia. Hmm... Interesting Poch must think he could be a kind of player Pogba is! Anyway, players like Vardy and Mahrez are good examples that super fast and pacy wingers are not necessary. Cause if the system is set to the advantages of the striker and the winger they will find a way. And if you have wingers with a great shooting and passing accuracy, dribbling skills and who can profit from the momentum like Mahrez do, you don't necessarily need speed. Players like Hazard for example, David and Bernardo Silva are proving the same, there are not pacey but efficient on the ball. All they have is acceleration, what is more important IMO and who have the understanding of switching fast from a defensiv formation to an offensive formation and use the momentum. Forget the formation they show you on the tele, fact is that they broadcasted a 4-3-3 formation, but the reality was that Utd played in a defensiv 4-4-1-1 against Citeh in the derby last weekend. Next is the system, thats why the man marking became so difficult. The offensive midfielders or wingers are switching their position from side to side to confuse the defense (like we do from time to time), that means if you are not focused enough or very bad in the shell game you will lose your head easily when the attackers are spinning around you. Now you have Sane and Sterling who are super fast, but Mourinho was aware of that and had almost 10 players at the back, including Lukaku who was to blame for both of the goals Citeh scored. But they scored them as result of standards not because of their way of playing. One corner kick and one free kick. Standards have decided and the lack of concentration or nervousness from a player (Lukaku) that led to individual mistakes and goals. What I want to say is Sane, Jesus and Sterling are two of the fastest players in the PL and I'm sure faster and more skillful than Zaha and they were outplayed! Firmino, Salah and Mane outplayed! LaCloset, Sanchez and Iwobi outplayed. Its like the lower clubs have mixed concrete. Poch system isn't wrong, but it becomes more and more predictable. Even on Youtube and other platforms his tactics are explained, that means you have to change your system when you recognize its not working anymore. To have more options upfront its a no brainer and pacy wingers can help, especially when the opponent plays a high defensive line, but this is the tactic of bigger clubs who wants to boss their opponents and call the tune, but a high defensive line is vulnerable. Best example Citeh against Monaco last season in the Ko stages of the CL. But what if 10 men are defending and the defensive line sits deep? Pace is not the answer I'm afraid! In that case it needs ideas from the coach, creativity, the will, passion and individuality from the players and two big fat hairy balls to dare the impossible. Unpredictability is the key word. Best example Saul against Bayern Munich.  Sorry for my english, but I hope I could explain my point and you understand! :D 
    • PL: Manchester City v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
      spurfect wants to be right,  I want to be winning,  please,dear god, play Rose, go defensive and attack on the counter, don't start Lamella or Sissoko, play for the draw and win on account of, on account of you ought to........ oh by the way 2-1 Spurs COYS
  • Popular Contributors

• Donate

We need to try and raise £120-150 each month to cover our server costs. However as we cannot be guaranteed donations every month, your continued support - offered whenever and however - is still welcomed, and greatly appreciated!